Director - Alliance for Progress Charter School
|Job Title:||Director of Student Supports (SPED)|
|Job Location:||Alliance for Progress Charter School|
|Deadline:||Open until filled **|
|District:||Alliance for Progress Charter School|
|Philadelphia, PA 19121|
Special Education Operations
Special Education Operations
- Establish and communicate a division-wide philosophy of least restrictive environment for serving special needs students
- Direct special education services for all students with disabilities and ensure that students have access to the school curriculum.
- Assume responsibility for Child Find activities including the coordination of all schools’ referral activities and screenings
- Collaborate with Climate Leaders & School Counselor regarding the discipline of students with disabilities
- Facilitate and/or participate in all matters of dispute resolution with PDE and the Office for Civil Rights pertaining to students with disabilities; manage mediation and due process procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely data to PDE, PIMS, SCN and Omnivest for evaluating outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Oversee the allocation of special education staff to schools in accordance with the law and student needs
- Monitor compliance with School Board Policies and Regulations and work with the CEO/Principal to develop required policy changes.
- Renewal/Audit Information/Annual Report/5 Year Plan: Update information for state annually
- Maintain open lines of communication regarding special education with all interested parties; respond to concerns of parents, teachers, school leaders and community members.
- Maintain accurate database and files of former and current students served in special education.
- Maintain a permanent inventory of equipment available to students with disabilities and materials purchased by the school for special education.
- Prepare reports and information for the school board
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments, collect and analyze data, use pertinent data to refine and improve student support operational functions and services; evaluate special education program initiatives.
- Advise on the design, furnishings, and equipment for special education classrooms and facilities.
- Serve as the school division’s liaison in all matters concerning special education
- Oversee the AFPCS Extended School Year (ESY) programs.
- Provide teachers with weekly feedback via the Quick Visits template and individual meetings
- Complete all special education teacher observations/evaluations in collaboration with the CEO/Principal
- Conduct post- conferences to follow each observation
- Model lessons, team-teach with colleagues, develop and support the implementation of curriculum content and delivery as needed
- Create Individual Growth Plans for teachers as needed and fulfill all responsibilities as outlined on the IGP
- Review lesson plans and provide written feedback
- Review gradebooks for compliance with AFPCS grading guidelines.
- Provide samples and coordinates mentor/peer/coach support for teachers who struggle with implementing effective instruction
- Collaborate with team members to develop a PD plan for all developments according to staff needs and schedule presenters as needed
- Prepare and present various sessions/workshops to give individualized PD to the staff
- Plan, implement and facilitate professional development/in-services for school staff assigned the responsibility of delivering and overseeing the special education services/process in their buildings.
- Review federal and state legislation/regulations related to special education; identify and share the impact of changes on the school
- Facilitate research regarding trends and best practices to support appropriate recommendations for student success through rigorous, innovative, and technological programming
- Engage all new staff members in effective induction procedures and facilitate continued professional development through ongoing training opportunities
- Monitor the development and implementation of all aspects of the special education program process
- Analyze student data to identify student needs and provide feedback and mentorship to teachers and students in these areas through the school-wide MTSS model
- Guide the development and implementation of long-range and short-range plans for achieving special education goals and objectives
- Monitor student progress as it pertains to tutoring, intervention, retention and summer school to ensure all students are receiving the necessary support to achieve academic success
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.